At Sencrop, we aim at providing high-quality data to help farmers make better decisions in their day-to-day activities.
We are the largest network of agro-weather stations over Europe, continuously collecting, processing and storing data. Click here to discover our application used by more than 20,000 farmers, fruit growers and winegrowers.
We're looking for an experienced data processing engineer, to improve and extend our capabilities in weather data management.
Your main mission will be to:
- Improve our stream processing engine
- Participate in the evolution of the overall data processing architecture and storage
- Improve anomaly detection and integrate more algorithms to do so
- Incorporate new features, bring more data sources
- Aim at a very high-quality data
- Improve data availability for all possible users
- Ensure scalability of our architecture
- Work closely with Data Analyst and Product owners to anticipate new data needs
Our current technology stack:
- Apache Flink
- Apache Kafka, Kafka-connect
- Hadoop/EMR for Flink
- AWS services
- terraform automation
WHO ARE YOU?
You are in the right place if:
- You have strong experience with a distributed data processing framework (spark, flink...)
- Proficiency in scala and python
- Experience with software quality (automated testing...) in a data-heavy context
- Strong knowledge in distributed data architectures (throughput vs latency, CAP, etc)
- Strong focus on data quality
- Experience with the deployment of compute clusters (eg. Hadoop)
- Knowledge in infrastructure automation
- Knowledge in machine-learning is a plus
Sencrop is a European ag-tech start-up company, based in Euratechnologies (Lille, France), Europe’s third-largest startup accelerator.
20 000 farmers are using our connected ag-weather stations to receive ultra-local & reliable data. Sencrop makes it easy to decide the course of action farmers should take in any weather event & make the right agronomic choices at the right time: crop protection/sowing/irrigation ...
Our mission is to make technology more accessible, using it to make the practice of agriculture more precise, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Positioned at the cutting edge of innovation in connected agriculture, Sencrop won the top award for its high-precision agrometeorological station and platform at the 2017 SIMA Innovation Awards ceremony.
- Customer-centricity: we listen to our customers
- Personal responsibility: everyone contributes
- Creativity: we bring ideas, test and learn
- Honesty: we create an atmosphere of trust and confidence
- Sharing: a real team spirit
- Scientific approach: a scientific process for innovation
- Help farmers – Networked innovation to serve thousands of farmers
- Environment – A positive impact thanks to precision farming
GOOD TO KNOW
- Key role in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible work organisation
- An international team
- Specific onboarding & trainings on soft & hard skills
- Our hobbies: nature, sport, afterworks, ...
- An attractive & free employer-sponsored insurance (Alan)
- Advantages through our CSE (Leeto)
- Contract: CDI
- Location: Lille, Euratechnologies. Cool brand new offices in a campus gathering tech companies, schools & thousands of employees!