The weather plays an important role in agriculture. Sencrop, an international AgTech startup, provides all farmers with access to reliable, accurate, and ultralocal agro-environmental data. These data - collected by our connected weather stations - are essential for optimizing their operations and their environmental footprint. Click here to discover our application used by more than 20,000 farmers, fruit growers and winegrowers.
As part of the product team, you will be responsible for our data platform and will contribute to the company's data issues in order to make it a real growth pillar.
At Sencrop, we build a platform that transforms field data into actionable insights for farmers.
The Field Data Team is in charge of :
- Collecting field data from in-field stations (20 000 stations in Europe), forecast providers, satellite & radar images…
- Implement data algorithms to ensure data quality.
- Implement machine learning algorithms to make weather forecasts more reliable.
- Apply algorithms to transform raw data into actionable insights (diseases, pests, stages…).
In your team, you’ll work daily with Data Engineers, Data Scientists & Software Engineers.
Your responsibilities :
- Work with your business contacts to identify opportunities to develop the use of data to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Prioritize your team work based on product and business impact and tech complexity.
- Define the roadmap of your team : you decide and prioritize the problems you want to solve, in collaboration with other Product Managers and the Head of data.
- Manage, split and deliver complex tech projects (algorithms…).
- Fix high expectations in terms of data quality and infrastructure robustness.
- Communicate with the different product teams : you’ll work closely with/for the different product teams.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are in the right place if:
- You have experience in managing and implementing products as well as a culture of data-related subjects (Machine Learning models, use cases...)
- You love solving complex problems (business, product & tech problems).
- You have a strong tech and data background.
- You’re a doer, you will evolve in a fast growing environment.
- You’ve strong communication skills - you’re humble, proactive and a team player.
- You’re able to prioritize, take and share strong decisions with other product teams.
- You’re a native speaker in French and fluent in English.
Nice to have : you worked for a data oriented company.
Sencrop is a European ag-tech start-up company, based in Euratechnologies (Lille, France), Europe’s third-largest startup accelerator.
20 000 farmers are using our connected ag-weather stations to receive ultra-local & reliable data. Sencrop makes it easy to decide the course of action farmers should take in any weather event & make the right agronomic choices at the right time: crop protection/sowing/irrigation ...
Our mission is to make technology more accessible, using it to make the practice of agriculture more precise, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Positioned at the cutting edge of innovation in connected agriculture, Sencrop won the top award for its high-precision agrometeorological station and platform at the 2017 SIMA Innovation Awards ceremony.
- Customer-centricity: we listen to our customers
- Personal responsibility: everyone contributes
- Creativity: we bring ideas, test and learn
- Honesty: we create an atmosphere of trust and confidence
- Sharing: a real team spirit
- Scientific approach: a scientific process for innovation
- Help farmers – Networked innovation to serve thousands of farmers
- Environment – A positive impact thanks to precision farming
GOOD TO KNOW
- Key role in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible work organisation
- An international team
- Specific onboarding & trainings
- Our hobbies: nature, sport, afterworks, ...
- An attractive & free employer-sponsored insurance (Alan)
- Advantages through our CSE (Leeto)
- Contract: CDI
- Location: Lille, Euratechnologies. Cool brand new offices in a campus gathering tech companies, schools & thousands of employees!