We are looking for a fresh PhD or postDoc with a background in meteorology and machine learning to explore the use of deep-learning in short-term forecasting, downscaling, as well as fusion of physical modeling & sensor data.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make use of our unique network of 25'000 connected weather stations providing near-real-time local weather measurements.
Please note: for funding eligibility (CIR), this must be your first permanent contract as a PhD graduate.
Your missions 🗒
- Assess the benefits of machine learning approaches on top of existing forecasts for farming use-cases
- Prototype and implement, with other data-scientist and engineers, improvements in Sencrop’s abilities on forecasting
- Decide, with the help of the product teams, the best way to deliver forecasts value to farmers
- Help in building a network of academic and industrial partners to improve the quality of forecasts provided to farmers
- Disseminate knowledge about meteorology, forecasting and machine learning
Desired profile 🎓
- PhD, preferably in AI, deep-learning or meteorology
- Good understanding of meteorology and meteorological forecasts, with a particular emphasis on short scales and the integration of local measurements
- Very good academic level in machine learning, including deep-learning (mathematical and algorithmic background, good practices in ML, etc)
Required technical expertise 👓
- Proficient knowledge in Python (including libraries like pandas and xarray), and development tooling (git)
- Solid experience with DL framework (eg. pytorch)
- Experience in putting ML models in production
- Experience in geodata manipulation, geostatistics
- Experience with a cloud environment is a plus
Our current technology stack 🤖
- Python, Fast API
- Apache Airflow
- Apache Flink (scala) for stream-procesing
- AWS cloud services: Hadoop EMR, postgreSQL Aurora, s3 Athena
Our story 📚
Sencrop is a European ag-tech start-up company, based in Euratechnologies (Lille, France), Europe’s third-largest startup accelerator.
20 000 farmers are using our connected ag-weather stations to receive ultra-local & reliable data. Sencrop makes it easy to decide the course of action farmers should take in any weather event & make the right agronomic choices at the right time: crop protection/sowing/irrigation...
Our mission is to make technology more accessible, using it to make the practice of agriculture more precise, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Positioned at the cutting edge of innovation in connected agriculture, Sencrop won the top award for its high-precision agrometeorological station and platform at the 2017 SIMA Innovation Awards ceremony
Our impact 💥
- On farmers – Networked innovation to serve thousands of farmers
- On the environment – A positive impact thanks to precision farming
Our values 🤝
- Care for farmers: we deeply understand farmers’ pains.
- Be straightforward: we speak out loud with respect and honesty.
- Remain humble: we are driven by our will to improve not by our ego.
- Be pragmatic: we tackle problems by using a scientific approach.
- Take ownership: whatever our title, we all have an impact.
Perks and benefits 💫
- Key role in a fast-growing startup, with international footprint
- Flexible work organisation
- Salary: According to experience and profile
- Specific onboarding & training on soft & hard skills
- An attractive & free employer-sponsored insurance (Alan)
- Perks through our CSE (Leeto)
- Contract: permanent contract (CDI)
- Location: Lille, Euratechnologies. Cool brand new offices on a campus gathering tech companies, schools & thousands of employees!
Please note that we're based in Lille. This position is open to full-remote employees, but you must have the ability to come in Lille on a regular basis.