About us 🌱
The weather plays is key in agriculture.
Sencrop, an international AgTech startup backed by great investors, provides all farmers with access to reliable, accurate, and ultralocal agro-environmental data. These data - some of which are collected by our connected weather stations - are essential to optimize their operations and their environmental footprint.
Click here to discover our application used by more than 24,000 farmers, fruit growers and winegrowers.
Your missions 🗒
Your main mission:
- Enable data-driven decisions in the company
- Empower business users, improve data discovery, retrieval, visualization, analysis
- Work with stakeholders to bring closer OKR measurement and available data
- Improve data quality, data governance
- Hands-on engineering with other data engineers and analysts
- With the CTO, elaborate a roadmap regarding the modernization of our current implementation. In particular, identify components or processes that could be outsourced on specialized SaaS platforms
Our current technology stack:
- Python/airflow based ETL
- postgresql-based DWH (hosted in AWS/RDS)
- Business platforms: MixPanel, HubSpot, Chargebee
- Viz & analytics in Tableau
WHO ARE YOU?
You are in the right place if you have
- Rock-solid expertise of SQL in the context of analytics and ETLs
- Proficient knowledge in data manipulation with python
- Experienced with several analytics DB technologies and dashboarding
- Experienced with the Big-Data ecosystem or with the analytics of heavy data-sources
- Up-to-date regarding the ecosystem of technologies and actors
- Business-oriented mind
- Ability to reach compromises
- Ability to diffuse knowledge (about data, about dev practices…)
- Willingness to help junior BI developers grow
- Excellent communication skills (understand the needs of different stakeholders)
You recognize yourself? Join the Sencrop adventure!
Our story 📚
Sencrop is a European ag-tech start-up company, based in Euratechnologies (Lille, France), Europe’s third-largest startup accelerator.
20 000 farmers are using our connected ag-weather stations to receive ultra-local & reliable data. Sencrop makes it easy to decide the course of action farmers should take in any weather event & make the right agronomic choices at the right time: crop protection/sowing/irrigation...
Our mission is to make technology more accessible, using it to make the practice of agriculture more precise, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Positioned at the cutting edge of innovation in connected agriculture, Sencrop won the top award for its high-precision agrometeorological station and platform at the 2017 SIMA Innovation Awards ceremony
Our impact 💥
- On farmers – Networked innovation to serve thousands of farmers
- On the environment – A positive impact thanks to precision farming
Our values 🤝
- Care for farmers: we deeply understand farmers’ pains.
- Be straightforward: we speak out loud with respect and honesty.
- Remain humble: we are driven by our will to improve not by our ego.
- Be pragmatic: we tackle problems by using a scientific approach.
- Take ownership: whatever our title, we all have an impact.
Perks and benefits 💫
- Key role in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible work organisation
- An international team
- Specific onboarding & training on soft & hard skills
- Our hobbies: nature, sport, after-works,...
- An attractive & free employer-sponsored insurance (Alan)
- Perks through our CSE (Leeto)
- Location: Lille, Euratechnologies. Cool brand new offices on a campus gathering tech companies, schools & thousands of employees!